1. POSITION DESCRIPTION
Academic Assistant Intern
1. Assist the SIIT in compliance with Commonwealth, State or Territory legislation and regulatory requirements that are relevant to its operations and its scope of registration.
2. In coordination with the Academic Manager
3. Will edit course materials and participates in assessment validation activity.
4. In coordination with Academic Manager will provide one-on-one student academic counselling or group workshops as required.
5. In coordination with the SIIT Academic Manager is responsible to provide, maintain and update documents required by the SIIT for trainer/assessor personal folder.
6. Make sure that all student assessments are marked according to principles of assessment and rules of evidence.
7. Work as a member of team with strong spirit and cooperation.
8. Be reliable, flexible and fair in all circumstances.
9. Possess good interpersonal skills.
10. Responsible to provide a detailed feedback to students before assessment decision.
11. Need to be confidential and maintain information regarding individual student assessment decisions at all times.
Student Service Assistant Intern
As the first point of contact handle all types of student/agent inquiries and refer these inquires to
2. Student data management by online system Axcelerate.
3. Dealing with current student of requests (e.g. document requests; change of course requests; deferment,
suspension, and withdrawal of studies; refund; complaints and appeal, etc.) and forward the relevant
department for processing
4. Monitoring students’ attendance and send warning letter when necessary
5. Student file management
6. Assist students in various admin requests such as: change of class, change of course, leave of absence,
course cancellation, complaints and appeals by advising them of appropriate course cancellation, complaints
and appeals by advising them of appropriate course of action and documentation required.
7. Maintain appropriate registers for all student requests.
8. Inform students of their request outcome within
10 days from the date of application.
9. Create and maintain new student admin files.
10. Archive student admin files on course completion.
11. Direct students on how and where to access information in student handbook and college website.
12. Provide assistance to students on personal, emotional and cultural issues and if necessary, in consultation with College PEO organise students to meet student Counsellor.
13. Ensure student contact details are up to date in student management system database at all times.
14. Monitor and enter student attendance in student management system database on weekly basis.
15. Maintain reception and common areas.
2. INTERNSHIP DETAILS
2.1 The internship is for a period of 3 months.
2.2 The Internship will take place at the Organisation’s premises at Queen St Campus, or elsewhere as reasonably necessary.
2.3 The Intern is required to perform the Internship during the Organisation’s normal hours of operation. The exact hours of engagement are subject to agreement between the Intern and the Organisation.
3. WHAT THE INTERN CAN EXPECT
The Organisation values its Intern’s and endeavours to provide the Intern with:
(a) a full induction, orientation and any training necessary for the Intern’s role
(b) a safe environment to perform the Intern’s role
(c) suitable tools and equipment for the Intern’s role
(d) an organisation contact, so that the Intern has the opportunity to ask questions and receive feedback and support
(e) insurance to cover the tasks undertaken by the Intern under the Internship Agreement
To be successful in this position, candidate will possess: Good time management skills:
1. Excellent oral and verbal English communication skills;
2. Relevant qualifications; Positive attitude & ability to work as a team;
3. Competent or advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Outlook);
4. Ability to meet challenging; deadlines with great attention to details; Possessing qualities such as, being responsible, reliable and committed to related tasks;
5. Prefer interpreting or translating background; Prefer SIIT/TACIS graduates.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position please forward a covering letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.